Why is it important to eat well?
Eating well is always important, but it is especially important if you have leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma or a related blood disorder.
These diseases and their treatments place extra demands on youboth physically and mentally and it is important that the food you eat provides you with the energy and nutrients necessary to helpmeet these demands.
There are many benefits to eating well if you have a cancer orrelated blood disorder. Eating well may help you to:
- cope better with the side effects of cancer and cancer treatment
- recover more quickly following treatment
- have more energy and feel less tired
- maintain your body weight
- fight infection by boosting your immune system
- repair damaged tissues affected by treatment
- improve your sense of wellbeing improve your quality of life
This booklet has been written to provide practical information about eating well, before, during and after treatment for leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma or a related blood disorder.