Leukaemia Foundation

Change Your Location:

Organisations that can help

Leukaemia Foundation (1800 620 420) 

Australian Government – Money Smart

  • Money management
  • Budget planner
  • Superannuation information
  • Information on credit, loans and debt
  • Helpful financial publications

Australian Government – Department of Human Services 

The Department of Human Services is the central organisation for all government financial assistance. It is important contact the correct department for assistance with your questions.


Centrleink information is now available on the Department of Human Services website or by calling 132 468.

For telephone enquires:

Disability Support Pension, Mobility Allowance, Carer Payment, Carer Allowance, and Sickness Allowance enquiries

132 717

Newstart Allowance, Widow Allowance, Form Help, Exceptional Circumstances Relief Payment, Partner Allowance, Special Benefit, and Employment Services Providers, including Job Services Australia enquiries

13 28 50


Age Pension, Pensioner Concession Cards, Bereavement assistance, Widow B Pension, Wife Pension, and Commonwealth Seniors Health Card enquiries.

13 23 00


Disability Employment Assistance

132 717


Information on Medicare is available on the Department of Human Services website or telephone 132 011.

Claiming your superannuation account balance, and disability insurance

This information is also available from the Department of Human Services at telephone 1300 131 060 or visit their website.

The Financial Planning Association of Australia may be able to source pro bono advice. Visit their website to make an application for this at www.fpa.com.au/need-heping-hand.  

Employment and volunteer organisations

A variety of organisations provide assistance to patients seeking to return to the workforce in an employed or volunteer capacity.

  • JobSearch for job listings and career information or telephone: 136 268.
  • Wesley Mission Employment Services supports people with disability by helping them find and maintain meaningful employment.
  • Pro Bono Australia has information on job vacancies in the not-for-profit sector and also for companies engaged in corporate social responsibility.
  • Volunteering Australia is the national peak body for volunteering and has a wide range of volunteer positions available around the nation and volunteering centres in each state/territory. Visit the website or telephone 02 6251 4060.

Financial counselling

Financial counsellors may be contacted through Financial Counselling Australia for assistance with a variety of financial concerns. Visit the website or telephone 1800 007 007.

Banking Assistance

The Australian Bankers’ Association provides a website with extensive information on financial literacy, consumer protection, managing your money, budgeting, the Code of Banking Practice and how to resolve problems with your bank. Go to the website, or http://www.doingittough.info or telephone 02 8298 0417.

If you cannot resolve a dispute with your bank you may contact the Financial Ombudsman Service on 1300 780 808.